Friday, July 17, 2009

Danko Jones


kate8085 and I have a common bond. The love of the Freakin greatest band ever Danko Jones.

If you don't know about Danko, I forgive you. They're Canadian and tour in Europe alot. I was lucky enough to see them in a tiny bar in Nashville in 2005. No one there knew who they were, even though they were headlining. By the time they went on stage, everyone was gone except for us and a couple of people that were too drunk to drive home.

I saw him walking around they bar while the other bands were playing. I swear I squealed. I was so starstruck. Paul teased me relentlessly.

It is to this day, the greatest show I've ever seen in my life. They played like they were playing a huge stadium packed full of screaming topless bitches.

After the show, we wandered around til I got the balls up to ask them to autograph my "Born a Lion" cd. And then Paul took my picture with Danko. I remember he was very sweaty. And polite.


So check them out at http://www.dankojones.com/ . They've got an American release of "Never Too Loud" coming out soon. Of course I buy them from some crazy international site and got it over a year ago. Cause I can't wait for my Danko.
Go on itunes, buy the "We Sweat Blood" album and rock out to "Forget my Name".

Cause thats my jam, bay-buh.


2 comments:

  1. I bow to you.
    I am going to photoshop myself into this picture!!!
    Where the hell was I when they played in Nashville? Its only a hour and a half from us.
    This picture rules so hard. As do you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa! I wish I could photoshop well enough to add myself to stuff. I don't think I would ever get any work done.
    I remember rabidly checking Danko's website for the American dates. I'm old and my memory is fuzzy, but it seems like the show we were planning on seeing in CA before we moved was canceled. When I saw that they were playing in Nashville, I nearly peed a little. It was such a crap turn out, they'll probably never be back.
    Hey, isn't Vhs or Beta from Kentucky? I love those guys too.

    ReplyDelete